Iranian University Chancellors Ask Bollinger 10 Questions
TEHRAN (Fars News Agency)- Seven chancellors and presidents of Iranian universities and research centers, in a letter addressed to their counterpart in the US Colombia University, denounced Lee Bollinger's insulting words against the Iranian nation and president and invited him to provide responses for 10 questions of the Iranian academicians and intellectuals.
1- Why did the US media put you under so much pressure to prevent Mr. Ahmadinejad from delivering his speech at Columbia University? And why have American TV networks been broadcasting hours of news reports insulting our president while refusing to allow him the opportunity to respond? Is this not against the principle of freedom of speech?
1. Because the foul little toad that fronts your brutal regime is killing our troops in Iraq, providing weapons of mass destruction to evil regimes and terrorist groups and is a congenital liar. As far as freedom of speech in Iran goes I refer you to the photo above.
2- Why, in 1953, did the US administration overthrow the Iran's national government under Dr Mohammad Mosaddegh and go on to support the Shah's dictatorship?
2. Because Mosaddegh's Stalinist policies had caused a general revolt which we merely supported. The Shah's 'dictatorship' was a thousand times less brutal and repressive then the regime of the Mullahs.
3- Why did the US support the blood-thirsty dictator Saddam Hussein during the 1980-88 Iraqi-imposed war on Iran, considering his reckless use of chemical weapons against Iranian soldiers defending their land and even against his own people?
3. Iran had declared war against us in 1978 and helped murder our troops in Beirut. Letting the foul mullahs topple Saddam and dominate the Persian Gulf was contrary to our interests. The Iranian Army was defending its land by surrounding Basra at the time. Its also worthwhile to mention the many Iranian males who were press-ganged into units that were sent straight to the front and sent into combat ahead of the regular army to draw chemical weapons attacks and clear mines. That's how your degenerate regime defends it's land and people.
4- Why is the US putting pressure on the government elected by the majority of Palestinians in Gaza instead of officially recognizing it? And why does it oppose Iran 's proposal to resolve the 60-year-old Palestinian issue through a general referendum?
4.Hamas is a vicious, murderous terrorist group which has murdered their own people and launched many attacks against our ally Isreal. Your referendum is a joke while you are providing nerve gas to Hezbollah.
5- Why has the US military failed to find Al-Qaeda leader Osama Bin Laden even with all its advanced equipment? How do you justify the old friendship between the Bush and Bin Laden families and their cooperation on oil deals? How can you justify the Bush administration's efforts to disrupt investigations concerning the September 11 attacks?
5. We cant violate Pakistani sovereignty to go get him. The rest of this question is complete hogwash, lifted from the websites of your left-wing allies in this country.
6- Why does the US administration support the Mujahedin Khalq Organization (MKO) despite the fact that the group has officially and openly accepted the responsibility for numerous deadly bombings and massacres in Iran and Iraq? Why does the US refuse to allow Iran 's current government to act against the MKO's main base in Iraq?
6. Hopefully, its because our government supports the overthrow of your repressive and unpopular regime and resents the Al Kuds aid to our terrorist opponents in Iraq.
7- Was the US invasion of Iraq based on international consensus and did international institutions support it? What was the real purpose behind the invasion which has claimed hundreds of thousands of Iraqi lives? Where are the weapons of mass destruction that the US claimed were being stockpiled in Iraq?
7. It was based on 17 UN resolutions. The real purpose was to remove a regime that was lawless and supported our enemies in Al Qaeda. Many weapons of mass destruction and facilities for making more were found but for some reason not publicized, probably to protect the French, Russian and German manufacturers. Its also interesting that in question 3 you talk about Saddam's 'reckless use of chemical weapons'; apparently they do exist.
8- Why do America's closest allies in the Middle East come from extremely undemocratic governments with absolutist monarchical regimes?
8. You are by far the most absolutist regime in the region.
9- Why did the US oppose the plan for a Middle East free of unconventional weapons in the recent session of the International Atomic Energy Agency Board of Governors despite the fact the move won the support of all members other than Israel?
9. Because such an agreement would disarm our allies and be ignored by the dishonest and dishonorable savages who run countries like yours.
10- Why is the US displeased with Iran's agreement with the IAEA and why does it openly oppose any progress in talks between Iran and the agency to resolve the nuclear issue under international law?
10. Because you madmen are building nuclear weapons while you babble some idiocy about the twelfth Mahdi and threaten to murder everyone in Israel.
Tehran, Iran, Oct. 17 – Volunteers for suicide bombing operations will be honoured during a ceremony attended by senior Iranian government officials later this month, the spokesman for the “Headquarters for Commemoration of Martyrs of Global Islamic Movement” said on Sunday.